6.13.2010

Falling in love ROCKS!


My little sister Ashley got married on Friday June 4th. It was such a beautiful day. She asked me to do a remembrance of Frankie and I was honored to be a part of her ceremony, and be able to share what a special gift it is to fall in love. I read them something Frankie had written for me, and changed the end and took out the personalized lines for Frankie and I in it, to be for them.

I was able to see her and Matt's love, as well as feel the love that Frankie and I share. This is what I shared with them just before she walked down the aisle.....

"Today I stand here with you to honor your love and watch you commit your love to one another. Joining in marriage, bringing a family together, promising to love---
I have loved seeing you fall in love in such a short time.
I know that feeling --- I am still falling in love every day.
We all know and feel Frankie's presence today --- His love knows no bounds
And this poem he wrote should be an everyday feeling the two of you should carry with you the rest of your lives and even beyond.
He called it
---Falling---

You're falling
When you smile ear to ear when you see them
When five hours seems like five minutes
When the world stops spinning when you're together
When you get lost in your own little world
When a kiss gives you the tingles
When a hug is all you need
When you can sit in silence and love it
When you enjoy doing things for them
When one of your favorite things is to watch them sleep in your arms
When all you want is for them to be happy
When you smile when they call even though they cannot see it
When nothing else matters when you're together
These above are the the signs that you feel when you're falling in love
And Matt and Ashley this is why I know you have fallen in love.

Ashley and Matt,
Keep falling in love and with every setting sun show one another the love you have.
I still feel mine and Frankie's love growing every day.
He is always with us."

I then lit a candle by a photo of Frankie and his smiling face.

I am so happy for my sister, her son and Matt.

I love, love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn, dude.

I needed to read this, because as I read it silently in my mind, michael's voice echoed them through my heart. Reminding me of all that he gives me.

This sounds like it was an amazing ceremony and tribute to the all mighty true love the blessed few of us are lucky to have and be guided by.

Love the toners <3